Barnoldswick Town Council Small Community Grants
- Barnoldswick Town Council welcomes applications from local voluntary, charitable and community groups for capital or revenue costs.
- The Community Grants Scheme is designed to help support locally based projects which are of direct benefit to the people of Barnoldswick.
- The grants may be used to cover capital or revenue costs; organisations must to able to demonstrate sound financial management and identify clearly what the grant will be used for.
- Grants are awarded throughout the year. There is no specific deadline date for the submission of an application as they are reviewed on a bi-monthly basis by the Town Council. The Town Clerk can advise the applicant on the dates of the specific meetings when applications will be considered.
- Applicants are required to complete the Councils’ application form to apply for financial assistance and to provide all the information requested. Incomplete applications may be returned to the applicant.
- In addition to the application form, applications must be accompanied by the applicants’ most recent bank statement, most recent accounts or balance sheet (as appropriate). If there are no past accounts or bank statement (if a new organisation) then a copy of their budget for the year.
- In considering applications, the Council will take in to account the purpose for which the grant is required, the organisations accounts, how the grant will benefit the Barnoldswick residents, other bodies to which financial assistance have been made and any other supporting information (including letters of support).
- The Council cannot support or promote religious/political beliefs/interests of an individual or organisation. Applications must demonstrate that the funds will be of benefit to the wider community.
- Publicity - Credit the Council as a supporter of the organisation in any promotional material – using the Councils logo.
- Grants are open to voluntary community sector groups ONLY – not for schools or businesses. If your project is in partnership with a school, it may still be eligible. You need to be able to demonstrate how it meets our priorities and explain why it should be supported by this scheme and why it is not supported through mainstream school budgets.
- The Council cannot support those whose aim is to solely to raise money for charity or to distribute money to others, whether they be individuals or organisations. Any charity that may benefit as a result of a grant application should be listed in the application.
- The Council is prevented by statute from giving financial assistance to individuals.
- Individuals making an application on behalf of their organisation are required to sign a declaration confirming that any grant monies will be used for only the purpose it is intended. Any unused funds not required should be returned to the Council.
- Applicants may be asked to attend the Council meeting in which the application is to be considered.
- Applicants will be notified of the result of their application immediately following the Council meeting. If successful a cheque will be sent in the name of the Organisation.
- All applicants must submit written confirmation of receipt of their grant. In addition, recipients will be required to submit a written report to the Council indicating how the funds were used together. The Council reserve the right to ask for receipts with the report.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, successful applicants are prohibited from re-applying within 12 months of an award and will only be able to apply once all reporting requirements for previous funding applications have been met.
For further information please contact:
The Town Clerk
Barnoldswick Town Council
The Civic Hall
Tel: 01282 788090